Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I Want A New Drug

My coworker is the Queen of Grammar and Vocabulary.  If you send her a quickly written email that had typos in it, but you figured, 'eh, what's the big deal it's only going to her and I'm in a rush', well, you'd be wrong.  To her it is a BIG DEAL.  She will copy it back to you with all your mistakes highlighted and corrected, but worst of all, she will not reply until it is corrected to her satisfaction.

She also corrects people when they are speaking.  Two of her biggest pet peeves are when people say anyways and alls, to which she will start yelling - "THERE IS NO S ON THE END!! THERE IS NO S!!!".  And once someone used drug as the past tense of drag, and her reply was "Is the past tense of brag, brug?  How about lag? Is it lug?  If I am gagging, did I gug?  NO. THEREFORE, IT'S DRAGGED, NOT DRUG!!".
ome people have complained about her to our boss but he says there is nothing wrong People have complained about her to our boss but he says there is nothing wrong with a little bit of perfectionism.

Well, anyways, alls I have to say is maybe she needs a drug.  And I mean pharmaceutical, not the past tense of drag.

Glad we drug that one outta ya, JellyBeanie!

0 comments:

Post a Comment