Monday, December 28, 2009

In The News: The Weirdest of 2009

We will end this year and quite possibly run into the next  (what can I say, it was obviously a very weird year) with some crazy work stories that made headlines:

Steven Reid, a 23-year-old hotel cleaner in Scotland, just wanted a day off of work. Rather than asking for one, Reid claimed he had been assaulted. To convince his boss, he took a razor from his pocket and repeatedly dragged it down his face. He also picked up a boulder and repeatedly hit himself on the head and body. He went to the police station to report "the assault." When asked about the incident, Reid said, "Looking back, I should have just phoned work and asked them for the day off." (BBC News)

Aw c'mon, just ASKING for a day off wouldn't be nearly as fun!  Now I have to go and find myself a large boulder and a razor and I will be right back...



0 comments:

Post a Comment