Tuesday, December 15, 2009

C'mon Baby Light My Fire (Or At Least My Electric Candle)

I'm so glad the holiday season is here, because I had saved all my holiday worker craziness 'til now...and my inbox was getting pretty full of 'em!  So during this most wonderful time of the year, consider these seasonal stories in the upcoming days my gift to you (I can practically HEAR you all rolling your eyes. Hey, it's better than a lump of coal.  Then again, maybe not.)


We had an electric menorah at the mall where I worked.  It was timed so each candle would light up on its appropriate day.  One guy I worked with on the late night janitorial shift loved to mess with it. He'd unscrew bulbs slightly so not enough candles would be lit, and other times he'd force the timers so too many candles would be on.  Any given day at the mall, it could go from the 8th day of Hanukkah back to the first or somewhere in the middle.  We enjoyed imaging the confused faces of people looking at it and being like "What the...?"
Imagine all the lucky kids who got extra presents when their parents went to the mall on the last day of Hanukkah and, upon seeing that menorah, said "Oh sh*t! I've got more days left!"

Excellent marketing tactic, if you ask me.  Maybe that's why nobody ever DOES ask me.

Sigh.

That mall janitorial cleaning has got to be 'fun' this time of year, JackInBox!

1 comments:

strokeofliving said...

You never know what to expect with the human element. Folks get bored and create ways to amuse themselves. That's why - unrelated - fast food restaurant stories creep me out to no end.

Post a Comment