Monday, December 14, 2009

Graveyard Shift

I work at a cemetery, so I have many stories of weirdness, but I will stick to one in particular for today.


At this time of year, many families come and place grave blankets on the graves of loved ones. I always like the look of it, makes the place look more "lived in". Hehe. Sorry, cemetery humor.


Anyway, people generally make one visit around the holidays, and don't come back for a while. That makes it easy for my co-worker to get away with this:


Every year he sets up a roadside stand to sell - you guessed it - grave blankets. And I'm sure you can figure out who his supplier is...yes, our every own cemetery. He takes the blankets off the graves and resells them.


If anyone does notice the missing blankets, it's really hard for them to blame one particular person, with all the people in and out and the large number of groundskeepers.


Happy Holidays!!
Well, that's dead wrong.  He's gonna get caught one day, no matter how hard it tries to bury this grave injustice. 

That's just my opinion, of corpse course.

Thanks for the Holiday spirits, LeoLeo23!

1 comments:

Hank said...

That's despicable.

Post a Comment